My Five Year Plan


My Five Year Plan
I am not positive on where I’m going to be in five years, geographically but I hope mentally to be really happy with myself as a person and be surrounded by people I love, and have a fun job teaching kids art.  I feel like right now most people have a hard time knowing who they really are and what they want out of this life and I myself am definitely struggling with those questions as well. I know I won’t have it all figured out by twenty-five but thinking about it now finding self-happiness and love is the most important thing you can do when you’re young. People always say this is the time to be selfish.  By twenty-five, I want to have traveled to at least 5 countries and hiked the Appalachian Trail, which I’m planning to do right after I graduate. It will be like my own quest to Mordor like in Lord of the Rings and I hope to do the whole thing straight through from Maine to Georgia. Relationship wise I would like to be in a serious relationship by then but I don’t feel like that’s something you can rush so if not I wouldn’t be too upset.  I love the south and I want to live there but I also would love to live in Manhattan for a short part of my life so I’m contradicted on where I will go. Five years from now it might change and I might be out west or maybe even still in Philadelphia so I really cannot speak to where I will be. After I finish college I hope to have a good teaching job somewhere.  I want to work with high school student while I’m young and then move to elementary when I’m older. Overall, I just hope to be in a good place and happy wherever I turn out to be. 

Comments