My 3rd significant day

april 1st 2021

Today I am starting a journey of a lifetime.  This is something I have always dreamed about and has been on my bucket list for as long as I can remember.  I feel as though it is something every person needs to experience, to push themselves out of their comfort zone and experience pain and suffering. I think it will help me appreciate how truly lucky I am in my life and how much others have to go through.  Today I will be heading out on my quest hiking the Appalachian Trail.  I hope to do the 2,190 gruesome miles through and experience the mind and body transformation of living off the land. To me, in this day and age, people are so used to having everything at their fingertips and living such a superficial life all under the eyes of social media, friends, co-workers.  I just want to experience what it would be like to be completely off the grid and not have to worry about anything other than surviving. Not waking up and worrying what you look like or where you need to be for the day.  Just losing your self in nature and completely forgetting what its like to have a sense of time, aside from waking up in the morning and setting up camp for the night. I am going with five other people all wanting a similar expedition but also coming out with personal and spiritual reasons. These are the people who are going to keep me going at my weakest times. Because when your primal instincts kick in all you really need to survive is water, food, shelter, and good company. 

Comments